INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATES
- This paper consists of two alternatives ;A and B. Each alternative has two questions. choose only one question from any one alternative.
- This question paper will be given to you one hour before the start of the examination to enable you to make your choice from the alternatives.
- During this one hour ,you are allowed to make sketches on the blank A4 paper provided to help you decide on your choice ,in the examination room.
- You are reminded that emphasis should be laid on quality of imagination rather than literal interpretation of the question.
- The use of geometrical instruments and tracing paper is forbidden in alternative A and is allowed in alternative B.
- The use of computers ,colored pencils ,crayons, luminous pens or marker pens is not allowed in any alternative.
- Clearly write your name ,index number ,the alternative ,number of option chosen ,signature and date in the spaces provided in the A4 and A2 sheets of paper.
- At the end of the examination for wet media ,let your work completely dry then pass it to the supervisor without folding or rolling it.
- This paper is marked out of 100 marks.
Answer only ONE questions chosen from EITHER alternative A or B.
ALTERNATIVE A :DRAWING OR PAINTING
You are instructed that the use of geometrical instruments ,tracing paper ,colored pencils, ,crayons ,luminous pens or marker pens is forbidden in this alternative.
1 .Draw an imaginative composition depicting an old woman busy preparing breakfast as three grandchildren look on .the work should be within 35cm by 45cm
2 .Paint a composition of three teenagers in games attires ,one girl bending slightly forward seems to be injured while two boys are seen trying to assist the girl.
ALTERNATIVE B: GRAPHIC DESIGN
You are instructed that the use of geometrical instruments and tracing paper is allowed in this alternative .The use of coloured pencils ,crayons, luminous pens ,markers and computers is forbidden .The colour of the working surface (paper) will not be considered as one colours required
3. A new firm making soft drinks known as thumps up drinks wants to expand its business, it requires an advert and a label to be used on its containers
i) Design an advert in three colours measuring 20 cm by 30cm.
ii) Design a label for the company measuring 10 cm by 15 cm
4 . An up coming company known as “Trix communication” offering mobile telephony services ,needs a carrier bag for its business .In an area of 32 cm by 45 cm design one face of the carrier bag with the following particulars.
a ) It should be in two colours
b) Bear the name of the company.
c) have appropriate catch words
d ) have an illustration.